Wit Without Wisdom, Ep. 36
In the age of personal improvement and self-betterment, it’s no surprise that a lot of research is devoted to understanding all the mental components that separate those who succeed from those who struggle. One possible answer may be that some people have what researcher Carol Dweck calls a Growth Mindset while others have a Fixed Mindset.
In this episode, we explore the Growth versus Fixed mindset theory and share some practices to both determine which you are and how to improve your growth mindset while avoiding some of the pitfalls of both types.
• The differences between growth and fixed mindsets
• Why it may be beneficial to have a little of both types of approach
• 7 questions to help you determine which type you are
• 3 Signs that your growth mindset is creating procrastination
• The potential dangers of misunderstanding what the Growth Mindset Theory is claiming
• 20 ways to train your brain for growth
And believe it or not . . . There is even more. We just tired of writing bullet points.
So, open your mind, draw up some introspection, and find out how a growth mindset can make you even more marvelous than you already are!
By Writers After Dark
We’re S.K. Anthony and Raymond Esposito, your hosts at Writers After Dark. She writes those urban-fantasy–superhero-badass-chicks-with-a-touch-of-romance stories and he writes those dark fiction-things-that-go-bump-in-the night tales.
When it comes to writing, we don’t agree on genre, but we do agree that . . . we love stories . . . and one of the things we love most: hanging out in our mostly-sober, Writers After Dark studio and debating the merits of just about anything related to the story of life.